Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Barcelona, España: La Genta Esta Muy Loca!

At the end of May, I took a 5-day trip to Barcelona.

I spent the first 2 days exploring on my own,
then met up with my sorority sister and her travel mate
as well as my cousin who I have not had the chance to spend quality time with in years
since she has been off studying in New York/Australia/London
It was 4 California girls loose in Barcelona
I needn't say more.

Here are some of my favorite photographs followed by a complete list of "Things I Saw" and my "5 Favorite Experiences" of the trip.

Hop-On Hop-Off City Bus Tour

Park Guell

Mount Tibidabo

Camp Nou

Champions League Final 2011
Barcelona Beats Manchester United 3:1
Magic Fountain

La Sagrada Familia

La Boqueria Market

Santa Maria del Mar

Placa de Santa Maria, Picasso Museum

Things I Saw 

Casa Batllo-Fundacio Antoni Tapies, Passeig de Gracia-La Pedrera, Gracia, Park Güell, Las Ramblas, Tramvia Blau - Tibidabo, Monestir de Pedralbes, Palau Reial–Pavellons Finca Güell, Camp Nou: Futbol Club Barcelona, Francesc Macia - Diagonal, Placa d'Espanya, Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, Anella Olimpica, Funicular de Montjuic, Fundacio Joan Miro, World Trade Center, Colom-Museu Maritim, Miramar-Jardins Costa i Llobera, Port Vell, Museu d'Historia de Catalunya, Port Olympic, Champions League Final,  La Sagrada Familia, La Boqueria Market, Placa de Santa Maria, Santa Maria del Mar, Santa Maria del Pi, Cathedral of Santa Eulalia, Picasso Museum

5 Favorite Experiences

1) Watching the Champions League Final
On a giant big screen television in a Plaza along with thousands of other people climbing light poles, lighting fireworks, drinking and cheering in the streets. The people I met at my Hostel and I came decked out in our Barca gear (shirts, scarves, bracelets) and celebrated with the locals drinking beer and champagne (classy).

2) La Sagrada Familia.
The architecture is impressive and it is worth going inside to see. It was completely untraditional in comparison to other Catholic Cathedrals I have seen, but very bright and beautiful.

3) Pablo Picasso Museum
I LOVED his art (the naughty sketches made me chuckle). I would visit Barcelona again solely to see this Museum and pick up some more souvenir post cards of his paintings.

4) La Boqueria Market
One can find the yummiest fresh fruit smoothies here as well as colorful displays of organic fruits, vegetables, meat, seafood, dairy, chocolate products

5) Magic Fountain
Truly magical. Every night, around 9 PM there is a music/water/light show. Lots of people (and couples) gather around the fountain and on the steps of  Museu Nacional d 'Art de Catalunya to have picnics. Very romantic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: