Thursday, February 3, 2011

so, I did something spontaneous

I booked a trip to Italy.
Doesn't sound spontaneous?
I booked it last night.
Still not impressed?
I leave in 4 days.
For 12 days.

Sure, Italy is right next door.
I mean, I could travel boat-bus-boat and be there.
And the flight from Athens to Rome is only 2 hours.
But to me, this is a big deal.

I never make a decision
without
weighing the pros and cons
"googling" (I trust it to tell me everything) suggestions
and asking every person I know.
Then I decide against whatever it is I really want.
And end up regretting it.

Not this time.

I went through my usual process
and chose no regrets.

So, in 4 days I leave for Rome and a 12 day tour throughout Italy.

Here's what my itinerary looks like:

Day 1: Rome
Day 2: Rome to Sorrento
• Travel south past Naples
• See Mt. Vesuvius
• Scenic coastal drive to Sorrento
Day 3: Capri
Day 4: Sorrento to Florence
Day 5: Florence

• See the Duomo, Basilica Santa Croce, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistry & Piazza della Signoria
• Florentine leather craft demonstration
Day 6: Florence to La Spezia
• See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
• Visit Monterosso, Portovenere along the Cinque Terre
• Cruise & train along the scenic coast
Day 7: La Spezia to Milan
• See the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II & La Scala Opera House in Milan
Day 8: Milan to Venice
• Visit Sirmione on Lake Garda
• See Juliet’s Balcony & the Roman Arena in Verona
Day 9: Venice
• Private motorboat to the historic islands
• See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doges’ Palace & St. Mark’s Square
• Murano glass-blowing demonstration
Day 10: Venice to Rome
• See Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Colosseum & Roman Forum
Day 11: Rome
• See St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City
Day 12: Rome

1 comment: